VIBROSCREEN Safety & Installation
Kason VIBROSCREEN Vibratory Separators are self-contained, compact production machines that make precise mechanical separations according to particle size through efficient use of multiplane inertial vibration techniques. They are designed and built to solve the most difficult classifying, separating and dewatering problems.
Important Safety Information:
Proper installation, maintenance, and safe operation procedures are the responsibility of the purchaser. To ensure personal safety, all persons who use this equipment must read and understand the Instruction Manual before operation or performing maintenance. Should you have any questions, comments, or suggestions concerning this manual, please contact us.
To aid in the creation of a safe working environment, each VIBROSCREEN unit is labeled as shown below. Should these safety labels become defaced or destroyed, please contact Kason Corporation for free replacements.
As a further safety precaution, each VIBROSCREEN separator features a safety switch which, when properly connected, will cut power to the motor if the access door in the base is opened. Wiring instructions are shown below. Note that the power supply to the machine must be locked out in accordance with OSHA standards before performing adjustments or maintenance.
- DO NOT REMOVE SHIPPING BRACKETS UNTIL THE SEPARATOR IS FINALLY LOCATED ON ITS FOUNDATION. (TO MOVE THE MACHINE WITHOUT THE BRACKETS IN PLACE RISKS DISTORTING THE SUPPORT SPRINGS BEYOND THEIR LIMIT.)
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE MOTOR BE ROTATED UNDER POWER WITH SHIPPING BRACKETS IN PLACE.
- Shim the base to level the screen, then mount the Vibroscreen Unit on a steady foundation using the mounting holes in the lower flange of the base. Avoid supports that resonate with Kason frequency (RPM). The separator has an access door in the base for adjusting the lower eccentric. Locate the separator so this door is accessible.
- Remove the shipping brackets which secure the table and deck assembly to the base.
- Never mount the base of the Vibroscreen over an opening through which one could put one's head or limbs. Any such opening should be covered by a metal grille (meeting OSHA standards).
- The VIBROSCREEN unit must be mounted on NON-COMBUSTIBLE flooring, or on a steel plate if the floor is made of a combustible material. Electrical sparks can ignite combustible flooring.
- If in wet service, make a drain so stray liquid cannot accumulate in the base.
- Please refer to the installation manual covering your model for more installation instructions.