Continuous air flow and vibration separate and fluidize individual particles, maximizing the surface area of material and, accordingly, the rate at which drying, moisturizing, heating, or cooling can occur.
To prevent the uppermost layers of fluid bed particles from being pulled into the exhaust stream, the fluid bed exhaust plenum tapers outward, effectively reducing the air velocity by 50 percent.
The vibratory motion of the processor also serves to convey the material along a defined pathway for uniform processing on a "first in/first out" basis, and to evacuate the fluid bed at the end of each cycle.
To fit your material application and integrate with existing plant equipment, Kason offers a comprehensive range of equipment available as components, sub-systems, or complete systems.
Supply side components:
- Centrifugal Fans
- Air Filters
- Electric Heaters
- Oil- or gas-fired heaters
- Steam coils
- Water chillers/heat exchanges
- Ductwork and Valves
- Air flow meters and automated controls
- Cyclone separator with rotary valve
- Bag house with exhaust blower
Fluid bed components:
- Storage bin with bin activator and rotary valve
- Vibratory or auger feeder (unnecessary when surge bin is positioned above fluid bed processor)
- Vibratory fluid bed processor including intake and exhaust plenums, flexible couplings, quick-disconnect cowl, circular screen, eccentric motor drives, and spring suspension
- Vibratory, auger, or pneumatic discharge conveyor
- Level sensors and automated controls